-Yellow-Eyed Penguin- A Foundation Paper Pieced Quilt Pattern
The pattern assumes a knowledge of how to paper piece and is suitable for those with paper piecing experience. For those who are intimidated by teeny tiny pieces, the option is given to use a bead or embroidery for the eye and thus avoid piecing the tiniest pieces.
Included in the pattern are:
1. Paper templates which include 1/4 inch seam allowances
2. Colour diagrams which chart the position of all the paper pieces.
3. Colouring sheets for those who wish to plan their fabric placement.
4. Joining instructions which not only tell the order in which the paper templates should be sewn but also point out the areas that need special attention.
5. Instructions on how to resize the block
6. Tips and tricks
7. Fabric requirements
8. Printing instructions
The yellow-eyed penguin is an endangered species with an estimated population of 4000. As such it is considered one of the world's rarest penguins.